Taking A Trading Vacation.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

After having a fantastic start to the year these last few weeks have been rather difficult. I got trapped on the short side of the oil market and I was only able to do some good S&P Futures trading and two other good trades on Natural Gas and on the 2 Year Schatz Futures on the ECB meeting day.

But I am feeling out of sync with the markets and a bit tired. I have closed all my trading positions and I will do a small trading vacation. The imminent birth of Enzo, excess trading and a very stubborn oil market have taken its toll.

Every trader needs a rest once in a while. And its better to rest before a big drawdown and not after. So the time is right. After two consecutive flat trading months its time to stop and re-energise.

As Stanley Druckenmiller once said, "trading is all about capital preservation and home runs". I will play good defense for now and I will try to hit some home runs later.

Petroleum Oil Gas info Blog is a website for active online futures and stock traders. I will provide my real time trading decisions and my market thoughts on this webpage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters